Saturday, May 24, 2008

Bits and Pieces

LovelyDaughter and I had a GREAT day Thursday for our girly day out. We came home successful, too, having found and bought just what we were looking for, which doesn't always happen!

For supper we went to Panera Bread, which you totally have to visit, and had their Broccoli Cheddar soup, which you totally have to try. Either I was tired, or very hungry, or who knows what, because my first bite of that warm tasty soup brought tears to my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Friday it poured rain here. Hubby was not happy, since he can't really do tree work in a downpour, especially when it's accompanied by thunder and lightning. I've noticed men usually are cranky when they can't get out and work. Especially when the wife and daughter just went out and spent money...

Today it's nice again, but everything is sopping wet. No driving on yards to cut trees today. Fortunately, he has one job he can do where he can park on cement to cut the tree down. Whew. He's out with DrummerDude now, getting that done. That means it will be a good day!

~~~~~~~~~~~
My cool new violin came last week, which is exciting. It came while I was out working with Hubby, and when I got home I had a migraine, and then the next day I went shopping with LovelyDaughter, so yesterday was the first day I really had to play with it.

Here's a picture again:


Its sound is much different than my other violin, and it really resonates. It has a low, full tone, and I really think it must sound closer to a viola, but I think I like it. I will try using it tomorrow for the worship team, and see how it does.

And one of these days, Hubby and I will go shopping for a new bow to go with it, and then shopping for an amp, to see how the new pickup sounds. I'm really curious to see how electric I can make this violin sound. Just for fun. I'm excited about that.

Tomorrow will be a big day. Worship team, church, dinner, company for supper-- JD and probably Swede, and possibly a couple more people we're thinking of inviting-- worship, and probably staying up too late. Good times.

~~~~~~~~~~
OH! And David Cook won American Idol! Yay! I picked him out a long time ago as who I thought should win. It feels good to have my opinion validated..... Plus, he's just darn good.

3 comments:

PrayerMom said...

sounds good:)

My Ice Cream Diary said...

I really need to do a mother daughter date with my girl. I think we both need it.

I love your reaction to the soup. I recently had the same feeling over bagels... really, really good bagels.

I'm looking forward to the future video of you playing the elec violin. =)

Lulu said...

GR and I have broccoli cheddar soup from Panera AT LEAST once a week! It is truly the best soup that I've ever had! But I must have the multi-grain baguette with it...