Today's list is thirteen snippets from (mostly) old songs that sometimes run through my head at odd moments. Can you guess what songs they're from, and who sang them?
It might help you to know that I graduated from high school in 1980.
Then again, it might not. Tomorrow I'll post as much as I know of the answers.
1. "ninety-nine dreams I have had"
2. "money, money, money"
3. "please, mister, please"
4. "aye, calypso"
5. "don't be a hero"
6. "too young for love they told her"
7. "how long do you wanna be loved?"
8. "you can check out any time you like"
9. "took two shots, got no ducks"
10. "songs that make the young girls cry"
11. "you don't ever laugh like you used to"
12. "baby why don't we go"
13. "you kissed me and stopped me from shakin'"
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants