Thursday, September 3, 2009

AWOL

I haven't been around here much because I've discovered the joys of Facebook.

It's funny, because I kinda always figured I'd never get into the Facebook/MySpace/Twitter stuff. But one day I decided to try it out. Not MySpace--I have a blog, after all. And Twitter doesn't make sense to me. I think it's too ADD or something.

Anyway, Facebook has been great. It seems like here in our busy, rural community we rarely cross paths with people we know, and Facebook is a way to keep in touch between times.

It's been good to actually connect with people more often than once a year.

It's also been good to find out how many friends I have. (More than I thought!)

And it's been totally weird to check up on people I graduated from high school with, nearly thirty years ago (ACK! Thirty?! Did I just say that?) When did they get so OLD? LOL.

1 comment:

orneryswife said...

I hear ya! I actually have one friend on there that I have known for ACK!! 43 years!! It is really fun to catch up with old high school friends, though. I'm glad you joined! :)