Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday Fashion--Just Me

These are some photos of me that I entered in YouLookFab's Maxxinista contest a while back. I didn't win the $300 gift certificate from TJMaxx (boo) but I did get to see myself from the outside, so to speak, by taking pictures of my outfits and looking at them objectively. There are several more that didn't make the cut, but they are buried in the bowels of my laptop, which is inaccessible right now because the power cord died again. If and when I get my laptop back I'd like to post those pics also and get some advice on why those outfits don't work as well as I'd thought.

First up, one of my favorite outfits that I have worn quite a bit. With the jacket--
Maxxinista Gray and Pink, part 2 by cynthikat.

Without the jacket--
Maxxinista Gray and Pink, part 1 by cynthikat.

Next, a great fall outfit, using clamdiggers with boots, instead of jeans, and using the "column of color" idea I learned at Inside Out Style. Although, technically, I should be wearing the cardigan open, so the denim blue flows in a long line.
Maxxinista Black and Blue by cynthikat.

I liked this next outfit better before I saw the photo of it. I'm wearing a white vee-neck tee under the cardigan, and in real life, about an inch of it shows at the neckline, which is difficult to pick out here. The shoes, I love. I get complimented every time I wear them, even though according to some stylists they are all wrong, because they have a horizontal strap across the foot, supposedly making my legs look short. However, I think the horizontal line is counteracted by the vertical strap, and the fact that the shoe is very open, showing a lot of foot.
Maxxinista Black and White by cynthikat.

What do you think? I'm open to comments and suggestions.

2 comments:

orneryswife said...

Great outfits! I love the last one--you look so sophisticated!--but they are all very nice.
tm
PS. When are you coming to OK to help me with my look? I am feeling quite inept again...

carrie said...

I think you're looking great!!! For that last photo you should stand up a little straighter so your sweater isn't so bunchy ;) I agree that the shoes do not make your legs shorter!!!