Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Fashion: Elie Saab

This is an auspicious day: I found a designer whose designs I like, and would actually buy and wear if I had a big pile of money in my back yard. Here are a few of my favorites from Elie Saab's Fall 2010 lineup.

I could see myself wearing this one to church:
Elie Saab Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear

Or this one (with a camisole):
Elie Saab Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear

I like this one too:
Elie Saab Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear

The bandage neckline and body-hugging skirt catch my eye on this one:

Elie Saab Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear

And this jacket! Oh, I like this jacket!:
Elie Saab Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear

I don't know what this is supposed to be; some sort of new camouflage? But I like it:

Elie Saab Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear

And something lacey:
Elie Saab Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear

Can I wear this one, pretty please? (with a long nude slip underneath...):

Elie Saab Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear

I wish I had a red carpet event to go to:

Elie Saab Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear

On second thought, maybe I want this one instead:

Elie Saab Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear

Or maybe this one:

Elie Saab Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear

I can't believe that I liked over HALF of this designer's collection. I'm sure it helps that many of the street length dresses were knee length--much more desirable from my 48-year-old point of view than the shirt-length dresses other designers are showing.

It's probably good thing I don't have lots of money or I would want to spend it all on these dresses!

6 comments:

orneryswife said...

I can see you in those. :) Let's market those shopping bags and earn some cash!

Ice Cream said...

I bet if you keep your eye sharp you will be able to find something close to one of these that you could afford.

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

Intersting, you do like feminine styles of clothes, just not in traditionally feminine colours. Your colouring comes from a different spectrum (and part of your personality too I'm sure!).

mltailor said...

all these dresses can be custom made by http://www.mltailor.com/

Unknown said...

very nice dresses. really nice looking

Unknown said...

beautiful information
Tilers

Tilers in London