I discovered blogging two or three months ago, and found I really enjoy it. Here is my list of thirteen reasons why.
Thirteen reasons I like blogging
1. It saves me money. The time I used to spend browsing ebay and Amazon I now spend writing blog posts and browsing other blogs.
2. It gives me an excuse to play on my cool laptop.
3. It gives me an audience to write for-- a small one, admittedly, at this point, but an audience nevertheless.
4. Knowing I'm writing for others to read helps me to find the "story" in my every day life, instead of just putting down a stream of consciousness diary entry.
5. It offers the opportunity for me to share what I've learned with others. I can leave learned (ha) or sympathetic comments or entire posts.
6. It introduces me to lots of nice people.
7. It helps me see that I'm not alone-- other people feel the same way I do.
8. It gives me a broader perspective-- helps me understand the people who don't think like I do.
9. It lets me interact with kinds of people that I never cross paths with in my "real" life; like university professors, or published authors, or sophisticated city people.
10. It opens my world to vicariously experience new things, like vacation destinations, or other people's family lives.
11. I've learned new, interesting, and sometimes humorous, things; for example, diseases I've never heard of before, or what it's like to get acupuncture, or how badly some people can embarrass themselves.
12. It's a way to share with my friends what's going on with me. Living in a rural area, my friends are scattered far and wide. Now they can check up on me.... at least, I hope they're checking in.
13. It's a platform for my opinions; the one place I can say what I think. And no one can really argue, 'cause it's MY blog!
Why do YOU like to blog?
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants