Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Might Even Do It

Red Envelope Project ImageSomeone has started an interesting thing: Sending a red envelope to President Obama with the message you see in the picture. The goal is to send 50 million of them!

In case you can't read it, here's what the envelope says: This envelope represents one child who died in abortion. It is empty because that life was unable to offer anything to the world. Responsibility begins with conception.

I don't usually participate in these kinds of symbolic gestures. You know, what's the point of marching, or walking, or putting red tape over your mouth? It does no visible good.

But this little idea captures my imagination for some reason. Will it do any good to send 50 million red envelopes to the White House? I don't know. I doubt it. But what can it hurt?

If you decide to join in, you can to to the website to add your envelopes to the count. Click here: Red Envelope Project.

1 comment:

Ice Cream said...

Love the idea. Sadly, president Obama will probably never see any of them. He might be told about them but otherwise and aid will simply handle them for him.

But I still love the idea.