I wish I had plenty of money this time of year (well, any time of year actually....) because of all the things I wish I could get for my husband and my kids. But I don't, so I can't, and more's the pity.
So to remedy this, at least in part, I decided to "pretend" shop.
Kind of like the game LovelyDaughter plays with her young cousin at family gatherings: go through the Penney's catalog and "buy" one thing from every page. I actually played with them at Thanksgiving, and it can get kinda hard on some pages ("well, if I were an old lady, I'd buy that pair of shoes") and pretty funny on other pages ("um, if I were a guy, I'd buy those underwear") and there is lots of laughing and joking.
What I've done here is make a list of things I know my family would love to have and pretend that I really could buy them for Christmas. Kids, if you read this: Merry Christmas!-- with all my heart, if not with money.
Somehow it scratches an itch. I have half a mind to print out all these pictures and put them on the more inexpensive things I will end up really buying, with a note: I may look like a giant bag of Skittles, but at heart I'm a leather jacket, just for you.
Anyway, without further ado, here's My Wishful List of Christmas Gifts.
First off, for Hubby.
1. These custom made Carl Dyer moccasins, called Ring Boots.
2. This suede jacket (from Territory Ahead) that looks like an upgraded version of the Carharrt work jackets he likes, only this one would be for driving around in our BMW Z3.
For GuitarGeek, our oldest son:
3. One or two or three of these shirts from The Territory Ahead.
4. This "Leather Hoodie," also from Territory Ahead. Actually, I'd like to buy him half the catalog (the men's half, of course). It all looks like him.
For DrummerDude, our 19-year-old:
For MB3, who is 16, almost 17:
And now, three things for myself.
11. This audio bible:
12. And this, to listen to it with:
13. Fancy chocolate (imagine that!)-- lots of it; rich, dark, maybe with nuts....
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants