Friday, June 13, 2008

A Love List

Today I'm taking a cue from Meg Fowler who most Fridays does a "love list," and invites her readers to do the same. Sometimes she has a theme, and sometimes it's just a random list of things she loves. Her lists can include anything from lip gloss to hockey stars, which just shows how interesting and random of a person she is.

My list, being as I am an ordinary, not-very-interesting person, will be probably ordinary and not-very-interesting, but it will be all about things I'm lovin' this very minute. Because this very minute, life is good. There haven't been a lot of minutes like that in the last year or so, with everyone either sick or depressed. But today? Today I'm lovin' it.

I love...

Playing my new violin
The way my new violin sounds when I play it
The way my new violin sounds when I play it with an amp. Very cool, y'all.
Watching JD and LovelyDaughter interact with each other
Kissing Hubby
Back rubs
And head rubs
And foot rubs
Basically, whole body massage
Hearing DrummerDude mowing the yard
Listening to GuitarGeek play guitar
GuitarGeek's crazy sense of humor
Family laughter around the supper table
New kittens (when I'm not worried about how many we have)
MB3's big strong shoulders and hands
Feeling God's presence
Answers to prayer
Good worship music
The smell of cut grass
When something in the Bible jumps out at me with whole new insight
Eating good food, and realizing that I cooked it!
Fresh homemade bread
The smell of line-dried laundry
Clean sheets
Brand new socks
When my hair does exactly what it's supposed to
Having friends over for supper
Playing my violin on the worship team, and finding out my mic was ON!
Hugs from friends
Ginger ale with lime and mint on a hot day
Dressing up and feeling pretty
Reading a good book and feeling like I just took a vacation
Camping in the rain
Making s'mores over a campfire
Finding checks in the mail
When the money goes around
Waking up to a clean kitchen
The sounds of the birds singing in our yard
A good night's sleep


Do you have things you love today? Put your own list in the comments if you like.

4 comments:

orneryswife said...

Sounds like Life Is Good at your house! This is a nice idea.
TM

Ronda said...

So I think my latest blog can fit nicely here.....

So it occurs to me after the past several months, but primarily the past six weeks that I really am getting somewhere in figuring out who I am.

I am no longer a devastated snivelling little kitten wondering just how it is that I came to be where I am. I am okay with who I am.

I love the fact that I am remembering that I love to dance, having gone for the first time in almost 14 years. Was it hard? Yes it was. Was it worth it? Absolutely. To experience the joy of moving to the beat of the music was refreshing and to not be concerned about whether or not I was any good was liberating and soothing to me.

I love super high heels and pretty painted toes. Always have and I can't say that it really bothers me that it makes me tower above most people, given the fact that I am already quite tall. I love getting dressed up just for the fun of getting dressed up. Dinner overlooking the water with a glass of wine and good company.

I love playing in the water, casual fun, laughter and spending time with people just playing. A good day is spent in Bricktown getting soaked in the ground jets as you try to splash other people and avoid getting splashed or intentionally getting splashed. It doesn't bother me to go into a restaurant fully soaked as long as I am smiling and happy. Spontaniety is so much fun. Casual laughter and happiness of spirit. High-spirited adventures! Jumping out of planes, rappelling, travel, kayaking, new experiences. I am up to trying almost anything, at least once. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Waterfalls, friends, family and cameras. Sheer joy in living. Not being scared to meet new people and not worrying about what impression they might have of me, but doing all I can to make them comfortable and relaxed so that they might also enjoy life.

Pictures!! I love taking pictures. Sunsets, toes, waterfalls, animals, people, clouds. Anything and everything. Give me a chance to use my camera and I will probably annoy you with the amount of pictures I will take.

Music. And all different kinds. There is music to fit every mood. It speaks to the soul, the heart, the mind. Songs remind you of specific memories and allow for new memories to be made. Sometimes they carry pain, sometimes they bring back fond remembrances, but always there is new music and new memories to be made, new experiences to be had, new people to meet and a new future to live.

God has been so faithful to me, re-instilling in me who I am and a love for Him that grows gently within me as I am reminded that He is good at all times. To be able to worship Him is beautiful and He always responds with a tremendous amount of love for me. And I can finally say that and mean it, because I am finally at a point where I actually believe it. He holds me and my future with firm yet gentle hands, knowing where I am going, what I am doing and what He has for me. Reminding me that life is for living, not existing and that I am what I am because that is how He made me. So all these emotions, the gentle way that I like to treat people, the joy I have in giving, the expectations that I have for myself, these are good things.

Ice Cream said...

I don't love camping in the rain with kids, but I do love the sound of lawn mowers. After living in the city where no one had yards it is a beautiful sound. =)

allaboutattitude said...

Sounds enjoyable