Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The News is Out!

At last! I have permission to tell the world the news I've been keeping secret.

Remember JD, our new friend? Well, he's more than just a friend. He is LovelyDaughter's soon-to-be-husband, and we are all terribly happy and excited about it. In fact, I can hardly think about anything else, especially since they are not letting any grass grow under their feet, and the wedding will be in August. Yes, THIS August!

This marks the beginning of a new era, not only for them, but for me as well. LovelyDaughter is the first of our children to be married, so now I begin the role of mother-in-law, and I hope I do well. (And please don't even speak to me about grandchildren yet...One thing at a time!)

I have to admit that when they first told us the news I found emotions I didn't know I had. I've been talking to LovelyDaughter (in fact, all our kids) about marriage, and what life would probably be like for us and them when the time came, and I was objective and sane, and TOTALLY prepared. People, I do not like to be taken off guard with things, so I prepare myself ahead of time.

And then suddenly, out of nowhere, some completely irrational, emotional woman came out of hiding and began shouting in my head things like "Oh my baby girl! Take care of my baby girl!" and "Don't take her away from us!" and "How can any BOY be good enough for my daughter?" You know, nice, calm stuff like that.

It took me a couple of weeks to soothe that crazy person, whoever she was, and get her out of my head. I think I'm fine now, thanks to prayer, and LovelyDaughter's sympathetic understanding. She assured me she was not throwing me out of her life forever (I knew that, really, but it helped to have her say it...) And, wonderfully, JD seems to like me--and my cooking-- and I LOVE that! And he loves Lisa completely and totally.

Well, maybe "loves" is too mild of a word, but anyway, it's good. Very good.

{There are supposed to be several pictures here, showing off our new couple, but I think the entire United States is uploading stuff to Blogger tonight and my photos WILL NOT load!!..GRRR. So, since I'm impatient, you'll get the story now, and the pictures later. Sorry.}

5 comments:

PrayerMom said...

I thought that looked pretty serious. Blessings on the impending event and home.

carrie said...

Oh My Gosh...that's sudden!!! Well, congrats!!! My prayers to the happy couple!!

Sarah said...

I am very excited for Lisa and for you! Congratulations!!!

Ronda said...

She assured me she was not throwing me out of her life forever (I knew that, really, but it helped to have her say it...)

You know that statement right there? ^^^^ yeah, I totally feel that. You are so fortunate to have them so close to you. :)

I have to say their happiness in each other is so very complete and lovely to behold.

orneryswife said...

Oh, congratulations! What a blessing when our children find someone who fits into the family and whom we can trust to care for our children. Blessings to you all as you embark on this new journey!
TM