Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Energy Drink from Hell

Early this morning, while it was still dark out, I found myself in a dream, where I was with a large group of people, and we were all sitting around tables in a restaurant. One woman was trying to talk a young man into trying what she was drinking. It seemed that he was known for being a very picky eater and drinker, so when he actually drank some of it, everyone cheered and clapped, and he made a show of standing and bowing.

While the commotion was going on, I asked, "What was it that he was drinking?" The woman showed me. It was a large energy drink-type can, very flashy. She said, "It's my absolute favorite drink. I drink it all the time." I looked closer at the can, and saw it was some kind of cola. Very clearly it was labeled with the flavor: Catsup.

I said, "I'll try it." I poured a little into a spoon and tasted it. It was oddly sweet, not exactly a bad taste, but it made my stomach feel queer. It had little white, powdery clods of something in it, which was really strange, and when I asked what it was, I was told enthusiastically that it was cheese. It reminded me of feta cheese.

I took two or three sips out of my spoon, and declined more, against the insistence of the woman. I told her the drink was triggering my gag reflex, and I didn't feel so good.

And then I woke up, and discovered I felt nauseous and dizzy. At first, I thought it was purely the power of suggestion, but the feelings have remained all day. I have been treating myself with homeopathic cold & flu drops, and by now I'm feeling almost normal.

So my question is: which came first? The gag-gy dream, and it made me feel sick all day? Or was I coming down with something in my sleep, and it affected my subconscious?

Either way, I'm glad I'm feeling better, and I will NEVER again drink catsup-cheese flavored Coke!

4 comments:

PrayerMom said...

Hmm...I sent you some thoughts via e-mail.

Unknown said...

Cheese-favored coke! That is gross! I think the feeling came first and gave you the dream...I hope you feel better soon and stay away from catchup-flavored drinks that have white blobs floating in them. Gross!

Ice Cream said...

Ha ha ha. I can't say which comes first. I have been physically affected by dreams many times before, and vice versa. I hope your tummy feels better.

carrie said...

ew. That's all. just ew. my guess is that you were feeling ucky to begin with.

I will have dreams of the "old days" when we'd go out drinking and come home with the bed spins and wake up just sick to my stomach...