Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Quirky? Interesting? Boring? Weird? None of the Above?

I was tagged a couple of weeks ago by Cricket for this meme, and I'm finally getting around to it.

If you've been around a little while, you know I have a terrible time thinking up random, quirky, interesting things about myself. That's one reason it's taken me so long. But at long last, here it is.

First, the rules:

THE RULES:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.


Then, the list:


1. I have to brush my teeth before I leave the house. I just don't feel dressed if I haven't brushed my teeth within ten minutes of leaving. If I get delayed, I have to do it again.

2. I get hungry for things my body needs. If I haven't eaten enough vegetables lately, I start drooling over thoughts of broccoli, or lambsquarter, or spinach, or eggplant. If I haven't had a lot of milk products, I start craving cottage cheese, or toast with LOTS of butter, or chocolate milk.

3. I don't wear my wedding rings around the house, and if I forget to put them on when I go out, I will drive back and get them.

4. I love to pet my husband's beard and run my fingers through his hair.

5. I love having big windows-- if I can't see outside I feel trapped.

6. I like music, but I can't leave it playing all day. My nerves get frazzled when there's nonstop sound.

7. My daughter and I decided we are low-maintenance women. We're pretty easy going. We don't spend tons of money on clothes and jewelry (operative word being tons.) We can pack light, dress fast, and keep our bathroom stays short --and Hubby and sons rise up and call us blessed!


And now I'm going to break the rules, and not tag anyone else. But if you're reading this, I would love for you to write a list of seven random things about yourself and leave it in the comments.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This was so interesting to read. I'm totally low maintenance too when it comes to buying things or getting ready to go, etc, but I am totally high maintenance when it comes to my hormones and emotions. I'm so glad he puts up with me!

Lifeless in Ohio said...

I enjoyed reading some of your habits. I too like windows. . . and beards!

orneryswife said...

I'll play!
1. I can't stand wrinkled sheets. Not that I have to iron them, but they need to be tight on the bed.
2. I don't like ice in my water, or cold water. I like it filtered so it tastes good, but I would rather it was hot than cold.
3. I travel with my tempurpedic pillow. I don't like the idea of sleeping on something someone else has breathed into. (that's one of the reasons my suitcase is always over the airline's weight limit!)
4. I have done my husband's laundry and cut his hair for over 30 years--even before we got married!
5. I am affected very little by the weather or changes in the seasons. I like rain, snow, sun, clouds, hot, cold and everything in-between! It may alter my plans, but not my attitude.
6. I do not enjoy shopping--except with my daughter. She is easy to fit and buy for.
7. I buy myself flowers about once a month and say they are from Ornery. It is his money that buys them, and he'd say "Do you want some flowers?" if he was shopping with me...
tm

Ice Cream said...

Ok, except for #3, we could be twins!