Saturday, August 9, 2008

Home Again

We arrived home last night from our trip to Colorado, tired from driving all day, but happy, and a little fruity. LovelyDaughter spent the last hour or so of the trip singing all the old folk songs she could think of, and by the time we pulled in the driveway we were down to the silliest camp songs we know, and even the boys were joining in.

When we walked in we saw a stack of UPS boxes: all the stuff I'd ordered for the wedding right before we left. It was like Christmas, and of course we had to open everything before we unloaded the van. MB3 tried on his shirt and vest right away, and they fit.

Well, he says he's swimming in them, but he LOOKS good, so I think we're all right.

It's very quiet around here today. We've had a whole week of extreme togetherness, and, while it was very fun and enjoyable, now we're needing some alone time, so everyone is scattered to their little corners, resting and re-charging.

I may or may not post photos of our trip later. I didn't take along our camera for various reasons, but DrummerDude had his fancy new camera and took several hundred pictures. I'm sure I'll want to show you some of those!

3 comments:

carrie said...

Glad you're back! Get some rest and can't wait to see the pictures!!

orneryswife said...

Welcome home! I've missed you!
tm

Jeff'sGirl said...

Hi, Mom! I know I haven't seen you much since we got home. Can we go out to Starbuck's sometime this week? I feel like some girly time.