Thursday, August 14, 2008

Wedding Countdown: Two Weeks! or, Keeping The Main Thing The Main Thing

AACK...!

Not really, but yeah, sort of.

I've been sick for nearly two days, and not only have I hated feeling that bad, I've also felt my panic meter rising. I DON'T HAVE TIME TO BE SICK!

I have stuff to do. Not tons of stuff, since this is a simple wedding, but still, there are things that need doing, and need doing NOW. Or very close to NOW.

I'm also worried that somehow I will forget some important detail that will rise up on the day of the wedding and cause chaos and panic. LovelyDaughter and JD tell me that is an unfounded fear. After all, they say, what else is there to do? What could go wrong?

LovelyDaughter insists that as long as the result is that she ends up married to JD, nothing else matters very much. And she's probably right.

Of course she's right. What am I thinking?

Besides details like ice, and porta-potties, and music gear, and water, and people, and feeding our crew on the wedding day, and everyone getting through the shower on time, and picking up flowers, and buying stuff, and...and....

AACK....!

2 comments:

Ronda said...

How about if you let me take care of feeding your crew and mine on the day of the wedding..... would that help?

orneryswife said...

Our Father is fully able and willing to help you carry the load. Rest in Him and be refreshed, It's not like you have a family of toddlers to consider, they are all grown and fully capable of feeding themselves should the need arise... I do hope you can relax and enjoy this once in a lifetime event--the wedding of your only little girl!
Peace to you and yours.

I love the new blog design. I am off to check it out right now!
tm