Friday, August 15, 2008

Changes, Changes; or, Happy Blogoversary to Me

July 27 marked for me one year of blogging. The date went by unnoticed by everyone but me, but I was too busy to do anything about it at the time.

In the past year I have experimented with different styles of writing, and different subjects. Sometimes I've tried to be amusing, sometimes I've tried to be poignant. Sometimes I've tried to tell stories, and other times I've just ranted.

I still don't feel like I've found my "voice," and I really have no idea what my blog personality should be. Probably because I have no idea what my Real Life personality is. Who am I? Why am I here? Where am I going? What do I want to be when I grow up? (see, that's me trying to be funny. Is it working?)

And lately I've even considered abandoning the blog altogether. You know, blog angst: What do I have to say, really? Who is even reading? Does anyone care? (Does anyone know what time it is....? Blah, blah, blah....)

However, I've decided to hang around for a while longer, and in honor of that decision, I'm in the process of changing the look of my blog.

How do I have time to do that, you ask, seeing as I have lots to do for the upcoming wedding? If you remember, I said I was sick for two days. A person can get a lot of computer time in, laying on the futon with the laptop, in between running to the bathroom and sleeping. Playing around online takes one's mind off of how LOUSY/ACHEY/NAUSEOUS one feels.

So during that time I found a cool website called The Cutest Blog On The Block. They have a couple of hundred creative and cute Blogger backgrounds for FREE, and they are very easy to implement. I highly recommend checking them out if you are in need of a blog change, and aren't ready to fork over real cash for it.

And now, back to my regularly scheduled life, which today includes finishing the corn-freezing project (did 37 quarts last night) and running wedding errands.

By the way, I actually made it to the grocery store yesterday. Can you say Hallelujah!?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the new background! Think I'll check it out and change mine too!

carrie said...

ohhh I'm loving the new background!!! I hate changing mine because I have all kinds of widgets and gadgets and whatchmajigs in the coding and it's a pain ;)


I totally understand about the blog angst...I go back and forth on that too ;)

Hoping you're feeling better!!

cindy kay said...

Hey Carrie-- that's what's so cool about the backgrounds from this place: you don't have to do a thing about your widgets and stuff. They all stay intact!

Beck said...

Your blog looks very nice!
I think developing a writing voice is sort of a tricky and personal thing, but if I had advice (NOT that I am an expert) it would be to write in the voice that feels most natural to you.

MommyTime said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog today! It's always so nice to meet new people. I love the look of your blog. Though I didn't see it before, it certainly is pretty now. I'm impressed that you did it all yourself too. Great job.