Friday, August 24, 2007

Places I've Been (and a couple other things)

Here's an interesting visual of all the states I've visited. Sorry the whole map doesn't show. The eastern half of the U.S. is completely unvisited.



create your own personalized map of the USA
or check out ourCalifornia travel guide

Now I see where I'd like to go in the future. How about Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia? Or the whole "South"?

Here's another tidbit, this time showing what kind of English I speak.

Your Linguistic Profile:

65% General American English

10% Dixie

10% Upper Midwestern

5% Midwestern

0% Yankee


And one more: Assuming I answered the questions correctly-- and if the results are worth anything-- if I were a donut this is what I'd be. (These quizzes are sometimes pretty silly, but I love having a picture of a donut on my blog.)

You Are a Boston Creme Donut

You have a tough exterior. No one wants to mess with you.
But on the inside, you're a total pushover and completely soft.
You're a traditionalist, and you don't change easily.
You're likely to eat the same doughnut every morning, and pout if it's sold out.


If you know me, what do you think? Is this what I'm like?

4 comments:

PrayerMom said...

That's pretty impressive compared to how mine would look--congratulations on being well-travelled! I would fare better on a map of states that had the states in which I had friends marked.

cindy kay said...

Marti-- I'd like to see that map.

PrayerMom said...

I'd love to show you, but the blog won't take the tag, for some reason.

I can read you the lists, though:

Places I've Actually Been (yawn):

Nebraska (no kidding!)
Kansas
Oklahoma
Texas
Iowa
Missouri
Illinois
South Dakota

Places Where I've Got Friends:

Arizona
California
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Minnesota
Missouri
Nebraska
New Mexico
New York (she's home from Britain right now, so I'll count it)
North Carolina
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Texas
Washington

Sonya said...

Ok, now you have to fix that never been to the eastern side of the U.S.! We are in TN and would put you up if you come our way! Just wait until next spring when hopefully everything is green again! The heat has killed everything!