Saturday, October 6, 2007

a few of my favorite things.....

I told myself Thursday that I could post a Thursday Thirteen rant of 13 annoying things if I also posted a list of two good things for every annoying thing. Sort of a "two for one" thing. Why? Because all of a sudden one day I found that somewhere along the road I had begun seeing what was NOT in the glass, and my life became half empty. So now I'm working on purposefully thinking about good things. That doesn't mean I want to ignore or sugar coat bad things. I don't want to become dishonest. After all, there ARE some awful, annoying things in life. But I hope to change my focus. Here's to making the glass half full. Scratch that. How about a FULL glass, for a change?!

So, here are a few of my favorite things....

the way GuitarGeek uses his eyebrows
the way DrummerDude feels all sleepy/snuggly when I wake him up in the morning
MB3's muscles
LovelyDaughter's gentle ways
Hubby's smile
walking out to the mailbox
having a clean kitchen
christmas lights
stars at night
sitting by the fire
hanging out in LovelyDaughter's room with the windows open
hot chocolate and toast in the winter
fresh strawberries on New York Vanilla ice cream
sauteed broccoli and mushrooms
a full moon
using my pda
mineral makeup
my silver necklace
wearing brand-new socks
jeans that fit
figuring out the perfect violin interlude to play on the worship team
my MacBook
sitting on the floor when it's carpet
laughing with friends
being called by name
taking walks with someone and talking like mad the whole time
going on quiet walks to watch the sun set



There. That's 26 things, plus one for good measure. I can feel the level in the glass rising...

What are some of your favorite things?

7 comments:

carrie said...

My computer because all my friends live in it ;)

This is a great post...:D

Ice Cream said...

I do the two for one thing when talking about other people. So, if I have to vent about someone I can, I just have to follow it with two things good about that person.

Some of my favorite things are:
really good ice cream, snuggling my DSSH, seeing my kids use their manners without being asked, talking to my sister on the phone, and feeling the sun on my back.

Marshamlow said...

Stars at night, love them, my little one and I often go outside to say goodnight to the stars.

carrie said...

Muahhahahaha you've been tagged my friend...stop by and see why!!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed my first visit here and read several posts! I like to meet people who have large children like mine! I'll be back.

Lulu said...

I really just loved reading that list! Especially that one about jeans that fit! Why is it so hard to find jeans that fit?!

Some of my favorite things include: getting kisses from my puppy, Bindi, shopping, the crisp, cool weather in the Fall, sweet potato pie, and traveling!

cindy kay said...

carrie-- thanks!

my ice cream diary-- that's a good idea about venting. I'll try to remember that.

marsha-- oh, what great memories for your little one!

linda-- welcome!

lulu-- what a great list of nice things.