Friday, October 12, 2007

It's Who We Are, It's What We Do

I copied this meme from slouchingmom over at slouching past 40. I thought this would be an appropriate thing to post in honor of Hubby's and my anniversary this week.


1. Who is your man?

Hubby. His initials are MLH.

2. How long have you been together?

26 years of marriage, plus one year-- see number 3.

3. How long did you date?

Five months, and then engaged for seven.

4. How old is your man?

46

5. Who eats more?

He does. But not much more these days, not because I'm eating a lot, but because he's at the age where if he eats like he used to, there's a whole lot more of him to see.

6. Who said "I love you" first?

I'm pretty sure he did.

7. Who is taller?

He is -- by 11 inches.

8. Who sings better?

I do.

9. Who is smarter?

According to an IQ test we took in college, we have the same IQ. However, while I did very well in school, he did terrible. And while sometimes I can't fight my way out of a paper bag, which requires spatial reasoning, he can design and build cool things. My strengths lie in the area of language. Plus, I never know which way north is, and he always does. Our kids took after him.

10. Whose temper is worse?

Probably mine. But I tend to flare up quickly, and then cool down. He simmers a long time, keeping it all inside till he either nearly breaks something, or goes into deep depression.

11. Who does the laundry?

I do. However, sometimes he will run a load of his own stuff.

12. Who takes out the garbage?

Usually our boys, but sometimes he does it.

13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?

I don't know. Which side is the right side? However, I do know that when we re-did the bedroom, we switched sides for one night, and in the morning he said "Never again!" He said he can't sleep if he's on the "wrong" side of the bed. It's just wrong.

14. Who pays the bills?

I do. Neither one of us is especially good with numbers and paperwork, but I'm better than he is, so I do it.

15. Who is better with the computer?

I am, just barely.

16. Who mows the lawn?

Usually he does, but often DrummerDude does.

17. Who cooks dinner?

I do. Often LovelyDaughter takes a turn. If Hubby had to cook, he would live on peanut butter, or possibly pancakes.

18. Who drives when you are together?

He does, because he considers that the manly thing to do.

19. Who pays when you go out?

Well, if we're writing a check, I do, because he hates to write. If we're using a bank card, he does, 'cause that's easy. If we're using cash, whichever of us has cash handy.

20. Who is most stubborn?

Depends. I think he can be stubborn sometimes, and he thinks I can be stubborn sometimes. I don't really know who's right.

21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong?

Usually he is. I'm trying to do better on this one.

22. Whose parents do you see the most?

His folks. They live practically next door, whereas my folks live in another state.

23. Who kissed who first?

I think he kissed me. I'm sure I would have never initiated it.

24. Who asked who out?

He asked me.

25. Who proposed?

He did, if you can call it that. One day as we were talking and talking and talking and planning, all of a sudden he said, "Well, it looks like we're going to get married." So I got out my calendar and said, "Okay, when?"

26. Who is more sensitive?

We are both sensitive, but in different ways.

27. Who has more friends?

I think he does.

28. Who has more siblings?

He does. He has two brothers and I have one. Neither of us has any sisters.

29. Who wears the pants in the family?

He does. But sometimes he will delegate decision-making to me.

2 comments:

S said...

You've got many years of marriage under your belts. We can all learn from you, I think.

Ice Cream said...

I think the bed thing depends on the door. I always sleep on whatever side is closeest to the door so I can get up for the kids at night.